AND WE ARE LIVE!
Today, Monday 21st of October, the NDA Accelerator launched. And the world will never be the same again.
With a view to disrupt provision of consulting and advisory services to small biotechs, NDA Group today launched the NDA Accelerator. The new platform aims to address three fundamental needs common among small biotechs:
- High-quality regulatory and drug development intelligence and thought leadership,
- Capability building and professional development aimed at teams and entire companies,
- High-quality regulatory drug development support and advice.
The NDA Accelerator addresses these needs through a dedicated membership website (www.ndaaccelerator.com) through which small biotechs can join the NDA Accelerator community, take part in thought leadership activities and purchase training and supporting services.
The NDA Accelerator turns the paradigm of fee for service on its head by providing significant financial benefits to small companies – the smaller you are, the less you pay. This goes both for membership in the NDA Accelerator, that comes at a third of the cost for a micro sized company as it does for a medium sized company, but also for services offered through the website.
The NDA Accelerator is initially launched in the Nordic region, the origin of NDA Group, with an eye on expansion throughout all of the regions the company is service, starting 2020.
Johan Strömquist, CEO of the NDA Group, explains the initiative: “Small biotechs have very different needs to large companies. Understanding this and developing models that can cater to different audiences is really essential for a professional service provider today. Such a great proportion of today’s drug and device innovation comes from the nimble development that can only take place in smaller organisations. The NDA Accelerator can accelerate the path to market in a way that makes the most of the limited resources of a small biotech.”
WHAT’S IN IT?
The NDA Accelerator is a concept under continual development. Based on feedback from hundreds of biotechs over the years it’s been designed to contain a set of fundamental features that, over time, will be expanded, ensuring that membership in the NDA Accelerator will increase in value as time goes on.
To start off with the NDA Accelerator offers:
- An emerging library of thought leadership – to start with a limited number of articles and thought leadership pieces exclusively authored by NDA’s expert team, with plans to extend authorship to KOLs and thought leaders across the industry,
- An on-site training package focusing on fundamentals in regulatory development for teams and small companies – to be expanded with a planned curricula of web trainings in relevant areas for small biotechs,
- A Regulatory Liaison service offering a dedicated regulatory expert to integrate with your team, at a flat rate based on the size of the company,
- Tailored Expert Workshops leveraging NDA’s award winning Advisory Board and extensive external network, enabling you to address key development challenges in a targeted and affordable way.
WHAT’S IN DEVELOPMENT?
Putting the NDA Accelerator in place has taken considerable thought and effort. The further along development the concept has come, the more we’ve realised what a great opportunity it is for deployment of new ideas, partnerships and connections.
Our initial development activities will focus on expanding our library of thought leadership with additional pieces covering key parts of drug development, such as:
- Market Access considerations in early development
- A biotech CEO’s five hurdles to market
- Oncology trends and key accomplishments
In parallel we are working on our first web based training in regulatory foundations, but we are also expanding this curricula through interviews and input from the biotech community on topics that would be suitable to cover. Please do not hesitate if you have an area that you think would benefit from coverage in the NDA Accelerator!
Finally, we are working with a number of potential partners to expand the line of service inside the NDA Accelerator to areas that the NDA Group does not cover. Examples of this are in areas such as:
- Talent acquisition and development
- Investor and public relations
- Contract Manufacturing
ADD YOUR VOICE
The NDA Accelerator is at heart a community project. We have sourced ideas for it from far and wide within the life science and, particularly, biotech communities across multiple continents. This work will continue as the NDA Accelerator develops and your voice could make a big difference to our direction and to the content of the NDA Accelerator.
If you have any suggestions or ideas as to what you would like to see in the NDA Accelerator going forward, please do not hesitate to drop us a line at: